Jellicoe Road series: Favorite quotes
“‘Taylor Markham,’ said Raffaela, ‘I’m going to say a prayer for you.’ And although I wanted to mock her, and explain I didn’t believe in anything or anyone, I realized that no one had ever prayed for me before. So I let her.”
When I’m having a [severely enjoyable] book hangover, I tend to lurk in my iTunes library and click at random tracks that may remind me of my favorite scenes in a novel. Not counting my non-lit fandoms, I’ve never really pulled a full music-chemist stunt up until last weekend. That was when, with my head still reeling with the bleak beauty of Antonia Michaelis’ The Storyteller, I decided to take my book-and-music marriage to the next level.
Somehow, my plan to make a fanmix/playlist turned into the creation of an actual mix-CD! :p More ramblings here.
- Waking Dream (Natalie Walker)
- The Story (30 Seconds to Mars)
- A Sorta Fairytale (Tori Amos)
- Poison & Wine (The Civil Wars)
- If I Had a Gun… (Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds)
- The Killing Moon (Nouvelle Vague)
- Trouble Sleeping (The Perishers)
- Tiny Heart (Flyleaf)
- Open Your Eyes (Andrew Belle)
- Fade Away (Automatic Loveletter)
- The Ice is Getting Thinner (Death Cab for Cutie)
- In the Mourning (Paramore)
Literary perverts, make some noise! Some quiet, muffled noise.
Rivers and Roads - The Head and the Heart
Remember that time Quatre survived his plane being shot down, then crossed the desert by himself, then proceeded to see a battle and run across god only knows how many dunes to get to the battle, get Sandrock and without resting, tear shit up?
Don’t tell me he’s a delicate fragile little flower. Not buying it. Nope. Not one bit.